Learn more about working at Beverly Hospital
Beverly, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beverly Hospital Category: Pharmacy Job ID: JR30273 Date posted: 09/18/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Evening (United States of America)Clinical Pharmacist
Beverly Hospital is seeking experienced and committed Clinical Pharmacists to join our team.
Beverly Hospital is a Level III Trauma Center and not-for-profit community hospital. Located on the North Shore of Massachusetts, the hospital is part of the renowned Beth Israel Lahey Health System and utilizes the integrated resources to provide high quality care for our patients, including for neonatal, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients. Inpatient maternity and psychiatry services are also offered for the community. The Pharmacy Department provides services to the Northeast Hospital Corporation which is comprised of Beverly Hospital, Addison Gilbert Hospital, BayRidge Hospital and Beth Israel Lahey Heath Care Center-Danvers.
Clinical Pharmacists ensure safe, effective, timely, patient-centered and evidence-based care. Pharmacists are integral to the healthcare team and rotate through decentralized and centralized shifts. The role requires interpreting and evaluating medication orders and prescriptions, and providing medication expertise within the interdisciplinary team. Pharmacists prepare and dispense medications in accordance with established hospital policies and laws governing such acts. Pharmacists supervise and verify the accuracy of all work performed by pharmacy technicians/interns. Pharmacists at Beverly are involved with various initiatives ranging from quality improvement, to safety and operations. Additionally, pharmacists serve on interdisciplinary committees and as liaisons across the institution. All members of the Pharmacy team are responsible for developing and promoting collaborative and collegial relationships within the department and with nurses, physicians and interdepartmental personnel as they relate to the pharmaceutical care of the patients.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of hospital practice and operations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact constructively with supervisors, peers, and other colleagues
- Expertise in clinical knowledge and patient care
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
- Current licensure as a pharmacist in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts required
- Graduate of an ACPE accredited College of Pharmacy required
- Clinical pharmacy experience (2+ years) in a hospital setting and/or completion of a Pharmacy Practice Residency
- Exceptional aptitude or knowledge may be considered in lieu of experience.
- All Weekday shifts start at either 6:00 am or 7 am, with rare rotations for evening shifts (starting at 2:30pm or 3pm) during vacation coverage. Pharmacists rotate through the various shifts for weekend coverage that is approximately once monthly.
- Free onsite parking is available to all employees. Beverly is accessible via the Commuter Rail.