Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Dining Room Supervisor
Beverly, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: The Herrick House, Beverly Category: Food / Dietary Services Job ID: JR16752 Date posted: 04/24/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Responsible for overseeing the dining area and ensuring the proper table and seating preparation, assuring tables are set properly, cleared and served in a timely manner. Trouble shoots problems/concerns and may serve as a “hostess.” Prepares dining room for meals by setting tables, folding napkins, filling water glasses and providing/refilling condiments as necessary. Helps to serve meals and clean the dining area as necessary.
Reports To: Director of Food Service
Certification/License: None required.
Essential Job Functions: The employee must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation by The Herrick House without posing a direct threat to himself, herself or others.
1. Supervises all waitstaff personnel
2. Under the direction of the Director of Food Service the supervisor is responsible for the oversight of all waitstaff and their duties
3. Participates in the completion of the performance evaluations for waitstaff 4. Assists the Director of Food Service in the evaluation of staffing needs, the preparation of work schedules and time keeping duties
5. Meets with the food service personnel as needed to identify or correct problem areas and/or improvements of services
6. Oversees that the waitstaff is completing side work and cleaning schedules are being followed
Dining Room Responsibilities
1. Responsible for taking resident meal orders in a timely manner and with a positive attitude
2. Delivers resident meal orders in a timely manner
3. Prepare and set table to include tablecloth and napkin placement, setting silverware and dishes, maintaining and setting condiments
4. Makes self knowledgeable of daily menu selections and provides this information to the resident
5. Makes self knowledgeable of individual resident dietary restrictions
6. Uses bus buckets to clear tables and transport dirty dishes to dishwashing station separating glasses, china and flatware in a timely manner
7. Assures all chinaware is stacked and handled properly and carefully to avoid breakage
8. Cleans and straightens dining room after meals in preparation for next meal by vacuuming, straightening chairs and tables, refilling condiments, folding napkins, wiping furniture down, etc.
9. Restocks dining room wait station as assigned and linen supply daily
10. Empties trash as needed
11. Responsible for changing daily menus and cleaning menu cover
12. Assists with re-directing residents to their seats as needed
13. Communicates to Director of Food Services dietary constraints not adhered to by residents, resident feedback and other pertinent information or observations regarding dietary and food service
Kitchen Area Responsibilities
1. Maintains a clean kitchen and dining area that are related to all waitstaff activities.
2. Responsible for picking up room service tray slips from kitchen door
3. Responsible for filling room service tray order and placing outside kitchen door for pick-up
4. Assists in the preparation of employee meals
5. Prepares salads on a daily basis
6. Completes and initials daily assignment sheets in a timely manner
7. Restocks refrigerators in kitchen and dining room
Follows departmental policy on replacement coverage when unable to cover shift