Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Home Health Aide
Beverly, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health at Home Category: Home & Community Services Job ID: JR17090 Date posted: 09/08/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)
What You’ll Do:
The Home health Aide provides compassionate personal care and homemaker services for patients when appropriate and maintains a safe and healthy environment as directed by the IDT plan of care.
- Assist patients with appropriate techniques to maintain personal hygiene and grooming, including shower, tub or bed baths and mouth, skin, nail and hair care.
- Assist patients in the use of toilet facilities, including bed pans.
- Provide skin care with observation for pressure areas and sores and knowledge of preventive measures.
- Assist patients in and out of bed using safe transfer techniques, including the use of gait belts and mechanical lifting equipment, when applicable (with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency).
- Assist patients with walking, including the use of walkers, canes and wheelchairs, when applicable.
- Assist with cuing of self-administered medications.
- Assist with meal preparation and feeding, when required.
- Observe, report, and document patient status and care provided.
- Take and record of vital signs (temperature, pulse, and respirations) as directed (with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency).
- Practice basic infection control procedures.
- Document status of patient functioning and changes in patient status to be reported to the hospice nurse case manager.
- Maintain a clean, safe and healthy environment in the patient’s home.
- Recognize emergencies and contacting emergency personnel and supervisor when necessary.
- Understand the physical, developmental and emotional needs of the populations served.
- Treat the patient and his/her property with respect.
What You’ll Need:
- Success completion of a basic training program approved by the Mass. Association of Homemaker and Home Health Aides and possess certificate as evidence of completion, along with regulatory required hospice training.
- Graduate from an accredited Nurse’s Aide Course with current Certified Nurse’s Aide certificate, along with regulatory required hospice training.
What You’ll Get:
- A highly competitive pay rate & benefits package, including generous PTO, 403(b), and tuition
- A reasonable geographic territory with strong clinical support resources
- A highly inclusive, diverse team that values the input of all staff to provide excellent patient care
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities