Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Hospice Intake Associate
Beverly, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health at Home Category: Patient Access Job ID: JR16475 Date posted: 03/17/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)
What You’ll Do:
The Hospice Intake Associate is responsible for the smooth patient transition into hospice and palliative care services. The Hospice Intake Associate will receive and coordinate referrals to Beth Israel Lahey Health at Home (BILHAH) from affiliated and outside physicians, hospitals, facilities and other community referral sources.
● Elicit and gather accurate and pertinent information regarding the patient’s medical and environmental condition to accurately identify critical information needed to initiate hospice and palliative consults.
● Communicate identified prioritizes to the hospice and palliative teams based on patient’s needs and referral requests.
● Manage Face-To-Face report by scheduling visits with Nurse Practitioner within required timeframe
● Check in all Nurse Practitioner daily appointments and confirm them the day before visit with patient/family.
● Assist with one-time patient contracts including travel contract.
● Maintain the Administrator-On-Call schedule for the Hospice team.
● Register all new Hospice patients with Hospice Pharmacy at start of care
● Assist the intake specialist with creating hospice and or palliative care EMR
● Input initial information into the computer to begin the admission process as applicable.
● Collaborate with the Business Office to identify and verify patient’s insurance as applicable.
● Use information technologies including Email and the EPIC EMR to process and track referrals and communicate with team members.
● Develop positive relationships for new and existing referral sources, including physician offices, hospitals and rehab facilities.
What You’ll Need:
● High school graduate required; Associates degree in healthcare related field or business is preferred.
● 1-2 years’ work experience in a health related field preferred.
What You’ll Get:
· A highly competitive pay rate & benefits package, including generous PTO, 403(b), and tuition
· A highly inclusive, diverse team that values the input of all staff to provide excellent patient care