Learn more about working at Beverly Hospital
Laboratory Team Leader
Beverly, Massachusetts; Gloucester, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beverly Hospital Category: Laboratory Job ID: JR23874 Date posted: 06/30/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Evening (United States of America)Team Leader Laboratory
Team Leader Laboratory
- Assists Department Managers in developing, directing, and coordinating both section and employee relations activities at both sites. Serve as decision maker when Manager is not available.
- Monitors reagent and supply inventory.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring instrument maintenance is scheduled and completed. Trains staff on maintenance procedures.
- Works closely with Manager and vendors to troubleshoot instrument and QC problems.
- Assists Manager with CAP/Joint Commission inspection readiness, including CAP surveys and periodic instrument validations.
- Assists Manager in developing and analyzing QI monitors, including but not limited to turn-around times and exception reports.
- Oversees the coordination of all training, education, and competency testing/assessment of technical staff and provides input for performance evaluations.
- Acts as a liaison between customers and the laboratory to promote increased customer satisfaction with laboratory services by both successfully answering inquiries/resolving problems and by presenting a positive, professional image.
- Performs routine and highly complex laboratory analyses on neonatal, pediatric, adult, and/or geriatric patients as needed.
- Assists with validation of LIS functions including but not limited to calculation validation, interface reliability and accuracy, auto-verification, and interacting with IS and software vendors for the resolution of problems.
- Supervises staff in the absence of the Managers.
- Performs other related duties as required.
B.S Degree / A.S. Degree in Biological Science preferred
a minimum of 10 years of Clinical Laboratory experience preferred
MT/CLS (ASCP) or MLT (ASCP) or HEW preferred.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities