Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Overnight Triage RN
Beverly, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health at Home Category: Nursing Job ID: JR39555 Date posted: 12/19/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Night (United States of America)
What You’ll Do:
The On-Call Registered Nurse will coordinate the after-hours healthcare needs of home health patients by utilizing a disease management process along with critical thinking skills, sound judgment, OASIS assessment, physician orders, plan of care, and established protocols. Will also educate the patient/caregiver in the management of illness and promote the home health support systems to decrease re-hospitalization and utilization of hospital emergency services.
- Triage after hour calls with the goal of problem resolution, patient satisfaction, patient safety,
positive patient outcomes and reduction of preventable ER/hospital admissions.
- Maintain physician communication with the goal of problem resolution to prevent avoidable ER/hospital admissions.
- Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Accept accountability for patient satisfaction scores and quality of care outcome measure results.
- Counsel the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Respect and support patient and family’s cultural beliefs and values, individual needs, health goals and treatment preferences.
- Provide health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Help manage episode of care or coordination of care with the primary disciplines in accordance with evolving nursing needs and continued eligibility for services.
- Communicate with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and report any changes in the patient’s condition; obtain/receive physician orders as required.
- Document accurately and appropriately all communication from physicians, clinicians, caregivers, and patients as a case communication in the patient’s chart.
What You’ll Need:
- An active valid Massachusetts RN license;
- An active American Health Association BLS certification;
- Associate’s Degree or BSN (preferred) from an accredited school of nursing;
- At least 1 year of direct care nursing experience, preferably the area of public health or home care nursing; OASIS and/or EPIC experience is preferred.
What You’ll Get:
- A highly competitive salary & benefits package, including generous PTO, 403(b), and tuition reimbursement
- A reasonable geographic territory with strong clinical support resources
- A highly inclusive, diverse team that values the input of all staff to provide excellent patient care
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities