Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Residential Care Aide - Per-Diem
Beverly, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: The Herrick House, Beverly Category: Technician Job ID: JR17199 Date posted: 03/29/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Job Type:Per Diem
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)
Welcome to The Herrick House, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health Continuing Care. Our teams of nurses, aides, food service, and environmental service employees work to create an environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of our residents along with their families.
Assist residents with daily life functions such as bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, etc. Assist in ambulation of residents to and from activities, dining room, and other locations as needed.
Ability to assist residents in a professional and caring manner is required. The ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing is required. The position requires frequent lifting of residents, bending, stretching, standing and walking for extensive periods. High school graduate or GED is preferred.
Home Health Aide or Certified Nurses Aide certificate
Care of Resident- RCA Clinical Performance:
* Demonstrates ability to perform or assist residents with personal hygiene needs (showering, dressing, daily hygiene, grooming).
* Assists resident with toileting needs and/or incontinence program.
* Measures and records weights as instructed.
* Completes all required tasks on daily assignment worksheet as individualized for each resident.
* Reports any changes in resident’s condition to the Wellness Nurse.
* Responds to resident’s requests/needs promptly.
* Performs self-administration of medication management (SAMM) according to policy.
* Orders weekly medication and verifies non-narcotic medications upon receipt, if trained, if applicable.
* Responds to emergency alarms promptly.
* Performs similar and other related duties
Care of Resident- RCA Housekeeping Tasks:
* Performs daily bed-making (by 11 a.m.) or turn down (by 8 p.m.) for residents.
* Demonstrates neatness of bed-making.
* Demonstrates proper care of cleaning parker tubs.
Care of Resident- RCA Meal Service Functions:
* Delivers meal trays to resident apartments.
* Retrieves trays within 2 hours of delivery.
* Transports residents in a timely fashion to and from meals and activities.