Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Ambulatory OB/GYN Nurse Practitioner
Boston, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Category: Advanced Practitioner / Advance Practice Provider / Physician Assistant Job ID: JR35307 Date posted: 11/20/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Job Summary: The BIDMC Nursing Mission is to build on a legacy of nursing excellence by caring with compassion, advancing the art & science of nursing, and advocating for the health of patients, families, and communities. This position provides direct patient care in an ambulatory care setting relative to physical diagnosis and therapeutic management. Works closely with faculty, fellows, residents and nursing staff to develop and coordinate a plan of care to meet the needs of the patient and their families. Training, evaluation and competencies for this role are overseen by a Nurse Leader to the department.
Job Description:Essential Responsibilities:
- Performs history and physical examinations, formulation of care plans, ordering and interpreting laboratory and diagnostic tests and provides education to patients and their families.
- Acts as an educator and serves as a clinical resource for staff through consultation formal and informal education, review of literature and participation in seminars and conferences.
- Coordinates the care of patients in order to provide safe, effective, efficient and timely patient centered care. Liaises between visiting nurses, clinical staff and consult services. Care plans and execution of those plans should encompass the entire service to tie the service together. Consults with physicians or surgeons regarding the care of patients for more complex diagnosis.
- Document clinical encounters clearly, precisely and in a timely manner.
- Works in a collaborative relationship with other health professional to determine health needs of patients and families. Demonstrates and role models an interdisciplinary collaborate approach to patient care.
- Master's degree in Nursing required.
- License Nurse Practitioner License required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Valid prescriptive authority from both the MA DPH-DCP and Federal DEA
- MA Board authorization to practice as an APRN NRSG
- American Heart Association - Basic Life Support Certificate
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Experience in a teaching hospital and specialty area expertise.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities