Learn more about working at New England Baptist Hospital
Boston, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: New England Baptist Hospital Category: Food / Dietary Services Job ID: JR40496 Date posted: 01/04/2024
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)COOK_PM - up to $4000 sign on bonus if eligible. This position works 10:30 am to 7 pm or until last ticket Monday through Friday, every other weekend, some
Holiday coverage as well as rotating to all cook stations, including some day hours. The Cook will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various types of service and meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Action Stations and Special Events.
1. Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use.
2. Produces small to large batch goods using advanced and full range of classical and contemporary cooking, plating and garnishing techniques.
3. Follows complex recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments.
4. Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, check production, and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
5. Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times. May prepare food and serve customers at an a la carte station.
6. Works with standardized recipes per menu and/or menu cycle, prepares bakery items, receives inventory, moves and lifts foodstuffs and supplies and prepares meals for customers requiring special diets.
7. Participate in all department in-service training, department meetings and safety meetings.
8. Works comfortably with basic computer programs- FMS capable of pulling standardized recipes off the system when needed
9. Maintains and cleans work area throughout the day and at the end of each shift.
10. Strictly adheres to all HACCP and Safety policies and procedures including documentation of HACCP Logs.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities