Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Data Analyst/Integration Spec
Boston, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Category: Analytics & Reporting Job ID: 47797BR_BIDMC Date posted: 10/01/2022
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Data Analyst/Integration Spec
Job Summary: The Data Analyst and Integration Specialist is the primary liaison for all data feeds related to research data sharing (NIH Data Sharing, Research Data Shares, etc.). This role helps to understand and initiate data integration, normalizes data into the central share tracking database via data loads, troubleshoots interruptions in data feeds, suggests and/or creates reporting around research shared data, and proposes creative solutions when establishing new data feeds or identifying new data inputs. Under the direction of the Director, the individual helps to support key technology initiatives that strengthen and promote the goals of the research data sharing at BIDMC and Beth Israel Lahey Health System.
1. Liaise with BILH IS resources to set up secure, system-consistent, and reliable data transfer protocols with all resources involved in research data sharing.
2. Work with the Research Data Share team to translate business needs into data specifications.
3. Independently identify data needs and ensure data integrity. Synthesize data from multiple sources. Create data tracking models to evaluate the potential impact of proposed initiatives and make recommendations based on data findings.
4. Support reporting efforts related to the state's regulatory bodies, including but not limited to the NIH/DHHS.
5. Present the data sharing program in written, visual, and oral presentations to various audiences throughout the system.
6. Effectively prioritize projects to complete work within established guidelines and timeframe.
7. Build and maintain strong working relationships with Information Systems, Research Operations, Research Faculty, and other key partners.
8. Familiar with importing/exporting large volumes of data and can create and execute imports using tools such as Microsoft SSIS and DTS.
9. Create simple web forms to capture Data Sharing requests, updates, and help tickets.
10. Design, develop, optimize enterprise-level reporting, and use data analytic tools.
Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
5-8 years related work experience required.
Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally