Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Facilities Project Manager II
Boston, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Category: Planning, Design, & Construction Job ID: JR32322 Date posted: 10/03/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Job Summary: Directs, facilitates, and oversees the planning, design and construction of capital facilities projects to ensure that the project is designed and constructed in accordance with the project scope, budget, and timeline.
Job Description:Essential Responsibilities:
- Participates in project program planning, budget development and initial space planning/fit testing/schematic layout. Develops a comprehensive project charter and detailed construction timeline consistent with the scope, budget and target completion date.
- Works to develop conceptual design for decision-making regarding the feasibility of projects both in terms of space planning and budget. Reviews all project documentation to insure that the deliverables will be the best possible product, consistent with medical center standards and in keeping with scope and budget targets.
- Manages design consultants, construction contractors and vendors. Serves as project lead with the architect, engineers, and construction manager.
- Serves as liaison with BIDMC staff to coordinate with project phases with impacted departments. Assumes a leadership role in working with Medical Center staff to identify and mitigate construction impacts and operational issues, and insure compliance with interim life safety and infection control requirements.
- Supervises construction and move management. Oversees vendors and provide overall management coordination of the relocation of Medical Center staff. Works with vendors and Medical Center departments to ensure that all equipment, furniture and other items needed to make the space operational are procured and installed.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Project Management, or other relevant required.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- An understanding of the principles and practices of managing the design and construction of capital facilities projects.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Project required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Experience in managing facility renovation projects within a healthcare environment.
- Experience with Computer Assisted Design (CAD) and Computer Assisted Facilities Management (CAFM) systems.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead and direct multiple collaborative teams for large projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have significant implications for the management and operations of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities