Learn more about working at New England Baptist Hospital
Food Service Worker - Fulltime
Boston, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: New England Baptist Hospital Category: Food / Dietary Services Job ID: JR37258 Date posted: 11/27/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)*$4,000 SIGN ON BONUS ELGIBLE! * This highly visible customer service position has a Monday through Friday schedule with a primary schedule from 10 AM to 6:30 PM (with required weekends and holiday coverage). As a FSW, the candidate will be required to assume the duties of the following: cashiering, stocking, coffee service, serving and light food preparation based upon the needs of the department. This candidate may be asked to prepare some grill items as needed. *Sign on Bonus Eligibility includes, 1 year of experience and full amount will be given after 1 month of employment in this Full Time Role*.
FOOD SERVICE WORKER
*$4,000 SIGN ON BONUS ELGIBLE! * This highly visible customer service position has a Monday through Friday schedule with a primary schedule from 10 AM to 6:30 PM (with required weekends and holiday coverage). As a FSW, the candidate will be required to assume the duties of the following: cashiering, stocking, coffee service, serving and light food preparation based upon the needs of the department. This candidate may be asked to prepare some grill items as needed. *Sign on Bonus Eligibility includes, 1 year of experience and full amount will be given after 1 month of employment in this Full Time Role*.
1. Sets up stations with entrées, soups, salads, breads, condiments, other food products and utensils. May taste test products. Serves and replenishes food from counters and steam table, and breaks down stations at the end of meal periods. Brews coffee & tea (both hot & cold). May be required to stock other beverages. Provides general stocking duties in service area. May work on the tray line to distribute food. May empty trash receptacles as needed. Maintains and cleans the work area throughout the day and at the end of the shift.
2. Receive cash drawer as soon as you report on duty when assigned cashier duty. Count and ensure change drawer is exactly as the cash drawer sheet. Sign necessary documentation with the supervisor or manager. Checks the menu board, cafeteria steamtable, and serving areas to ensure correct menu and pricing.
3. Greets customers and handles transactions, ringing in sales and provides accurate change back to customer for each transaction.
4. Interacts with customers in the serving, retail and dining areas. Assists customers with opening containers and cutting food when requested.
5. Set up grill area when scheduled to. Use cooking equipment provided to make hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, chicken fingers and French fries among other menu items. Clean up equipment during and after each use.
6. Set up deli station when assigned. Use cooking and serving equipment provided to prepare fresh and made to order items.
7. Assists in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements, proper labeling, refrigeration placement and spoilage.
8. Complies with all required HACCP policies and procedures. Completes Refrigeration Logs, All Food Temperature Logs & Dish Machine Logs as needed.
9. Inspects workstations for compliance with service standards. Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment following all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures. Inspects the dining area and cafeteria line for spills and debris on floor and appropriately cleans up as necessary. This includes washing of trays, serving utensils and all food service equipment from days service.
10. Responsible for following food safety and physical safety policies at all times, while utilizing personal protective equipment (PPE) when required by management. Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
11. Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures. Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments. Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated. Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities