Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Boston, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Category: Facilities Management Job ID: JR28788 Date posted: 08/28/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Job Summary: This position ensures the completion of scheduled maintenance tasks and repairs as part of a coordinated program.
Job Description:Essential Responsibilities:
- Performs the cutting of lawns, maintaining of bedding and plant materials, fertilizers, cleaning and sweeping of walkways, streets and parking areas as well as the emptying of trash cans.
- Uses hand and power tools to maintain plantings and green spaces throughout the Medical Center.
- Snow removal: Includes using shovel, snowthrower, tractor, sander.
- High School diploma or GED required .
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Previous experience in industrial or institutional grounds maintenance.
- Knowledgeable of plant life. Experienced in groundskeeping and groundskeeping equipment.
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities