Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Manager, Accounts Payable
Boston, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health Category: Accounts Payable & Receivable Job ID: JR13876 Date posted: 02/14/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Under the direction of the BILH Director of Accounts Payable, the Manager of Accounts Payable is primarily responsible to manage all activities within the accounts payable function, which include: management of staff; coordination in processing of all invoices/credits incurred across the enterprise; to ensure that control procedures are implemented and established to maintain accuracy, efficiency and timeliness of payments to suppliers to further guarantee that operational departments have the resources required to satisfy our patient’s needs; to ensure compliance with IRS and other regulatory agency rules to eliminate exposure to financial loss; to evaluate existing systems/processes to optimize efficiencies and propose improvements to maintain/increase accuracy and productivity; to oversee the 1099/1042 filing process; engage as the payables management liaison across all BILH departments to provide for excellent customer service within the scope of responsibility.
- Oversee the centralized shared services Accounts Payable department activities, such as: the electronic and manual entry of invoices/credits, imaging of pertinent documents, disbursement runs, statement reconciliations, vendor maintenance, 1099/1042 filing, productivity analysis, statistical review, etc. to ensure that all functions are up to date and exposure to cash flow fluctuations are minimal. Set and facilitate the achievement of department objectives as well as the development of the departmental budget.
- Hire, train, motivate, and evaluate Accounts Payable staff.
- Exercise quality customer service, problem solving skills in an independent fashion. Must demonstrate the ability to perform under pressure, meet deadlines, work in a team manner and maintain attention to detail.
- Maintain accurate and complete financial and supplier records pertaining to Accounts Payable.
- Compile, analyze, and report financial information to management and government agencies.
- Develop, implement, improve, and ensure compliance with departmental policies/controls to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Oversee the monthly review of receipt accruals (for both inventory and non-inventory related items) to reduce the accrued expense balance being carried in the General Ledger. Oversee the monthly reconciliation of the detailed Accounts Payable activity into the General Ledger.
- Build and maintain relationships with suppliers and employees across the enterprise; to ensure compliance with organizational and payment approval guidelines. Additionally, to negotiate such items as: terms of payment, fee waivers, credits and invoicing discrepancies.
- Assist in the evaluation, development and testing of system enhancements/upgrades with outside vendors, internal management and the like to further automate manual processes to achieve optimum departmental efficiency and productivity while reducing errors/costs.
- Work with Purchasing, Vendors, End Users and Receiving to resolve payment exception and hold issues in order to ensure timely and accurate payments. Identify root issues that may be causing the exceptions. Formulate and communicate recommendations to correct the process/system in place to reduce these instances and increase efficiency/productivity.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Management or like doctrine
Certification & License: n/a
Experience: Minimum of 5 years in a supervisory role in Accounts Payable or a related field (ex: Accounts Receivable, Customer Service, Payroll, etc)
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and management principles and accounts payable procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with computers, especially business solutions and accounting software.
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze information and processes.
- Motivation to develop and maintain internal and external relationships.