Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Patient Care Technician
Boston, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Category: Technician Job ID: JR27615 Date posted: 09/01/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Job Type:Per Diem
Work Shift:Rotating (United States of America)Job Summary: Collaborates with a nursing team to provide quality patient care.
1. Collaborates with a registered nurse on developing a patient's care plan.
2. Develops and maintains competencies as delegated by a registered nurse.
3. Maintains the safety of patients who have been identified at risk for preventable injury by the implementation of nursing safety interventions or the use of protective devices/equipment under the supervision of the registered nurse.
4. Reports all patient activity to the registered nurse in a timely manner.
1. High School diploma or GED required.
2. 0-1 years related work experience required.
3. Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.