Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
PostDoctoral Research Fellow Mantzoros Lab
Boston, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Category: Medical/Clinical Research Job ID: JR16429 Date posted: 11/01/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Has been awarded or has completed the requirements for a doctoral degree or foreign equivalent. Is a trainee pursuing advanced studies beyond the doctoral level in preparation for an independent career in a biomedical field. In collaboration with and under the mentorship of the Principle Investigator (PI), a Research Fellow engages in activities that will further his or her professional development.
Knowledge of statistics, preferably bioinformatics is strongly preferred.
- Abides by the institutional policies of BIDMC relating to health and safety, equality of opportunity and data storage and management. (essential)
- As a member of the research team, actively pursues research under the supervision of a principle investigator while developing skills for independent work. (essential)
- Receives training in and performs duties contributing to the investigational work of the team including formulation of research questions and design, conduct of experiments, and evaluation of results. (essential)
- Prepares and publishes scientific manuscripts under direction of PI. (essential)
- Develops expertise in desired lab skills/informatics/ physics/clinical research. Develops proficiency with research tools and equipment. Develops ability to work with more independence as the fellowship progresses (essential)
- Develops new ideas that promote current research; brings new expertise to the research program. (essential)
- teaching skills and provide supervision of students and their projects when appropriate. (essential)
- Engages in collaborative meetings with other research groups. Attends and leads scientific seminars. (essential)
- Learns to identify, acknowledge and correct deficiencies in one's own performance. (essential)
- Under the direction of PI, pursues/secures independent funding near the end of the fellowship. (essential)
- Doctoral degree required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Ability to produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Prior experience reviewing, analyzing, and summarizing scientific literature.
- Excellent attention to detail and interpersonal, organizational, writing, and project management skills; strong organizational and data management skills.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move throughout the hospital campus.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities