Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Project Manager, Supply Chain and Process Improvement
Boston, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Category: Supply Chain Management Job ID: JR8857 Date posted: 12/22/2022
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Position Summary:
The Supply Chain Project Manager serves as a resource for the Supply Chain Performance Improvement department, which focuses on developing and standardizing best practice for Supply Management across the health System. Manages small, medium, and large-scale improvement projects to achieve departmental and organization objectives. The Supply Chain Project Manager is primarily responsible for leading and facilitating the information gathering, analysis, committee review, implementation and communication of PI projects, including Supply Area redesign and Supply Process standardization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
• With AVP Performance Improvement, Develop PI Strategic plan and project schedule. Collaborate and strategize with stakeholders to develop a plan, identify objectives, and set timelines for PI projects
• Manage PI Projects, including maintaining project schedules, communicating with Customers, developing and measuring Key Performance Indicators, and actively participating in PI/Kaizen events.
• Provide comprehensive analysis of PI Projects, including quality and technological advantages, patient and clinician benefits, and leveraging this information with utilization data to project cost impact.
• Promote standardization and cost effectiveness by presenting potential PI improvements to clinical and administrative end-users
• Present analysis to administrative and clinical leadership during committee meetings
• Ensure that the Performance Improvement Process meets the needs and expectations of all stakeholders by continuously monitoring progress and supporting communication.
• Validate actual savings against projected savings. If expectations are not met, perform root cause analysis and develop contingency plan with Performance Improvement leadership.
• Manage communication between Performance Improvement and all stakeholders, including administrative and clinical leadership, clinical staff, supply chain personnel, distribution and vendor representatives.
• Identify potential opportunities for cost savings, process improvement, and product standardization on a continuous basis.
• Reinforce BILH Value Analysis policies and procedures to clinical and supply chain staff.
• Develop and maintain beneficial relationships with all stakeholders and team members.
• Contribute to team and organizational objectives by working both collaboratively and autonomously. Strong work ethic with the ability to take initiative.
• Provide support to the organization’s culture and mission.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare, Quality, Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
• MBA or MHA highly desirable
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
• Lean/Six Sigma Green or Black Belt is preferred
• 3-5 years in supply chain, healthcare operations, or Performance Improvement
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel). Skilled with Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPs, and IF functions. Ability to quickly learn new functions as required
• PowerBI skills preferred
• Strong Interest in Performance Improvement and Experience in managing PI projects
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
• Demonstrate high level of personal and professional integrity
• Ability to adapt to changing roles and priorities
• Commitment to ongoing learning
• Strong leadership, organizational, multi-tasking and execution skills
• Ability to work well both independently and in a team setting
• Ability to travel to various sights within the BILH system as needed
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
Dept/Unit Specific Skills:
Key Business Relationships: (Title and Purpose)
1 Senior Director of Supply Chain
2 Value Analysis Manager
3 Clinical/administrative department managers
4 Purchasing and Logistics staff
5 Clinical education staff
6 Vendor representatives