Learn more about working at New England Baptist Hospital
Radiology Diagnostic Supervisor
Boston, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: New England Baptist Hospital Category: Diagnostic Imaging Job ID: JR31844 Date posted: 09/18/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)The Radiology Diagnostics Supervisor is responsible for providing designated diagnostic imaging services across all NEBH locations. Supervise and train staff; complete staff competencies and evaluations. Liaison for departmental interaction with physicians and staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsible for supervision of diagnostic imaging staff and has the authority to act on department matters in the absence of Operations Manager
2. Identify cost savings and productivity improvement opportunities and makes recommendations
3 Functions as a liaison for departmental interaction with physicians and their ancillary staff
4. Involved with training and onboarding new employees as requested. Complete appropriate staff competencies, perform evaluations and ascertain staff education
5. Communicate all questions, concerns and recommendations to direct report in a concise, tactful and straightforward manner
6. Address customer concerns and communicate promptly with direct report
7. Ability to problem solve in a fast paced environment
Decision Making: Makes decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
Problem Solving: Addresses problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
Independence of Action: Follows precedents and procedures to perform tasks. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
Patient Contact: Regular, day-to-day contact; both face-to-face and hands-on (having close contact within three feet for at least five minutes). Examples: physicians, clinical nurses, phlebotomist, medical assistants, PFT tech, and x-ray tech.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Has no supervisory responsibilities
Fiscal Responsibility: Has no budget responsibility.
Associate’s Degree, Radiologic Technology. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Radiologic License
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (R)
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE
REQUIRED SUPERVISORY/MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
Computer Literacy: Experience with computer systems required, including web-based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Additional REQUIRED Qualifications/Skills:
1.Ability to perform radiographic procedures
2.Ability to calmly handle scheduling changes and change in daily routine
3. Ability to multi task
Additional PREFERRED Qualifications/Skills:
1. Experience in hospital imaging department
2. Ability to work with high profile patients