Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Senior Financial Administrator
Boston, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Category: General Finance Job ID: JR36405 Date posted: 11/20/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Job Type:Per Diem
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Job Summary: Oversees, develops and maintains financial processes, systems and annual budgets totaling more than $100 million. Provides detailed financial reports, analysis and projections that support business decisions. Informs and consults with management on financial matters. Leads or participates in special projects and system upgrades.
Job Description:Essential Responsibilities:
- Coordinates, develops and maintains annual budgets totaling more than $100 million, including documentation to support projections for volume, revenue, expenses and projected revenue and cash flows.
- Creates and provides detailed reporting on a monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc basis that explains, interprets and helps drive performance results and actions.
- Conducts analysis relating to decisions and other operational considerations integral to developing new or expanded lines of business. Builds forecasting models for strategic financial analysis of new ventures including projected results and returns.
- Provides education, support and service to management on financial and fiduciary responsibilities including financial reports and systems, budget processes, variance analysis and measurement reports. Assists senior managers throughout the annual budget process.
- Acts as a team leader or participant in special projects related to financial processes and systems.
- Prepares journal entries and accruals to make the General Ledger reflect annual operations in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or Accounting required. Master's degree in Business preferred.
- 8-10 years related work experience required.
- Systems experience with general ledgers, budgeting, document management, expense processing, billing and accounts receivable.
- Experience using large datasets, collection of new data and report writing.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities