Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Ultrasonographer - Senior - Part Time Weekends
Boston, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Category: Diagnostic Imaging Job ID: JR34125 Date posted: 10/20/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Rotating (United States of America)$5,000 Sign on Bonus!!!
Saturday and Sunday 10am-10pm
Job Summary: Organizes daily patient work schedule and corresponding sonographer workflow. Oversees adherence of timeliness of patient schedules. Keeps manager and supervisor informed of any issues that occur.
Important details, please see below:
• Sign on bonuses are paid out in three payments. You will receive your first payment within the first 30 days of employment and is subject to applicable taxes. You will receive the second payment at six (6) months following your start date. You will receive the third payment 1 year following your start date and is subject to applicable taxes.
• Full time status at BIDMC is considered for schedules greater than or equal to 30 hours per week; part time status is 20 to 29 hours per week. Please note, per diem employees are not eligible for sign on bonuses.
• Current and Former BILH candidates - restrictions apply. BIDMC Internal employees or employees within the BILH system are not eligible for the bonus or if you have been employed by a BILH entity within the last 12 months.
• Please note, sign on bonuses are subject to change based on the organization’s hiring needs and will be determined by Talent Acquisition on an ongoing basis. BILH/BIDMC Talent Acquisition reserves the right to change sign on bonus eligible jobs and amounts at any time.
Job Description:Essential Responsibilities:
- Assists in planning, scheduling assignments, and coordinates the daily work of staff sonographers, students and aides.
- Participates in the development of new tests by performing comparison studies and clinical trials.
- Assists in developing quality control procedures and instructs sonographeres on technical aspects of their routine use.
- Assists in clinical teaching of both staff and student sonographers. Provides assistance in the process of evaluating student and staff sonographers.
- Troubleshoots in the event of a technical or mechanical problem. Contacts appropriate service engineers/vendors for equipment failure.
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Registration Reg Diagnostic Med Sonographer required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- In addition to the duties of the staff sonographer, the senior sonographer is proficient in varied Ultrasound exams including Doppler and Color Doppler Ultrasound.
- New hires will have 30 days to provide BLS certification through the American Heart Association.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Nuchal translucency certification
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities