Learn more about working at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
AP EDI Specialist
Burlington, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Category: Accounts Payable & Receivable Job ID: JR3493 Date posted: 11/10/2022
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)This position will be based out of Burlington, MA until January 2023 when the position will then be located in Charlestown, MA. There will be hybrid work balance available as well.
Under the supervision of the Manager and following the established guidelines, performs a variety of clerical and analytical tasks related to the accounts payable function. Activities include: utilization of ERP system and ancillary systems such as GHX and IDS to: review daily data loads, correct or release data into the ERP system upon verification, review daily duplicate algorithm reports to minimize/eliminate potential duplicate payments prior to remittance processing, process/enter invoices/credits, review statements, review payment approvals and request additional information from vendor’s/colleagues when necessary to enable accurate posting of the documents to our financial systems, entry/updates to vendor records.
1. Batch, balance control groups and complete data entry of the following documents into the ERP system that are not auto fed through our EDI processing – · Non PO/hard coded related vouchers · PO Related items that will not feed through our EDI process · Credits
2. Work within the EDI framework (currently GHX and IDS) to conduct daily audits of data loads. This includes, but is not limited to: · Duplicate algorithm review/resolution · Mis Match Vendor Invoice Analysis · Confirm and adjust remit addresses and payment identifiers prior to disbursement cycle processing. · Missing/inaccurate load review/resolution · EDI invoice load error resolution · Miscellaneous cost type review (sales tax, $0.00, discounts, etc) · Conduct all functions/processes required to enable a successful resolution for voucher entry into the ERP system
3. Participate in standing meetings with various vendors (such as: GHX, IDS, McKesson, Cardinal) to discuss processing issues/successes, other areas where EDI/OCR/Data Imaging can be implemented.
4. Conduct statement review for EDI vendor accounts. Proactively resolve issues. 5. Perform vendor set up and maintenance within the ERP system. Follows all IRS guidelines regarding 1099 vendors.
6. Back up for the check printing and stock replenishment function. Handle check delivery in accordance to departmental policy.
7. Validate and correct line item variances between purchase orders and invoices. Verify voucher business unit, inventory and capital accounts for the appropriate approvals and details.
8. Contact vendors via phone/email to: · Clarify missing information · Obtain W8/W9 documentation · Obtain ACH information · Obtain invoice/credit copies · Settle balancing issues (ex. Inaccurate payment posting on the part of the vendor)
9. Index documents into the electronic document repository.
10. Special projects as assigned by management as needed to meet the needs/goals of the department.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Licensure, Certification & Registration: None required
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of Accounts Payable processing in a high volume, computerized corporate environment or equivalent experience in Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Expense or other transactional accounting area.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Proficiency in Excel and ERP systems, preferrably with Peoplesoft or a comparible platform, utilizing transactional accounting data. General knowledge of Accounts Payable practices, such as: · attention to detail · customer service – strong verbal and written communication skills · strong interpersonal skills · ability to analyze an issue and take it through to resolution · ability to work independently and as part of a team · demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks · proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback