Learn more about working at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
Cafeteria Cashier, Full Time
Burlington, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Category: Customer Service Job ID: JR25892 Date posted: 07/12/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Verify opening drawer, program register, accurately ring in all sales. Document over-ring, make correct change. Take register readings. Maintain cleanliness of workstation. Maintain positive, courteous attitude toward all customers.
Hours 7:00-3:30 or 8:00-4:30
Every other Sunday 6:00-2:30
Benefits start immediately
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Verify opening $50.00 - $125.00 bank. Report discrepancies to supervisor immediately.
2) Program prices into register as directed.
3) Ring all sales into register (cash and charge).
4) Record over-rings and charge sales.
5) Make accurate change.
6) Take register readings as directed.
7) Maintain cleanliness of work station.
8) Assist in maintaining cleanliness of service area and restocking of condiment station.
9) Maintain positive, courteous attitude towards all customers.
10) Immediately inform lead, supervisor or manager of any problems, discrepancies or potential problems.
11) Attends all in-services.
12) Perform other related duties as assigned by lead, supervisor or manager.
13) Respond in a positive manner to surprise cash audits.
14) Wear proper Lahey Clinic ID Badge and hand-washing badge while on Lahey Campus
15) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles and Mission Statement into daily activities.
16) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
17) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
18) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
19) Demonstrates an understanding of job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment..
20) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to our Customer Service standards.
21) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
22) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
23) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
High school or equivalent preferred
Ability to speak and read English
Ability to politely interact with public
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Light to moderate moving and lifting of bulky materials.
Hand to eye coordination.
One year previous cashiering experience required
Ability to handle cash accurately.
Ability to handle large sales volume in a relatively short period of time.