Learn more about working at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
Cardiac Sonographer, 40 hours
Burlington, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Category: Cardiology Job ID: JR20227 Date posted: 04/27/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Cardiac Sonographer - $10,000 sign-on bonus!
Under the direction of the Lead Cardiac Sonographer and Clinical Manager, the Cardiac Sonographer ensures that testing procedures are performed according to clinic and department policy and standards. Performs noninvasive examinations involving the application of high frequency ultrasonic waves.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Performs all testing procedures in the echocardiography, which include diagnostic m-mode, two-dimensional, spectral Doppler and color Doppler.
- Performs diagnostic exercise/pharmacological stress echocardiograms. In doing so, produces accurate clinical information for used by the cardiologist for the diagnosis of cardiac medical disorders.
- Responsible for responding to Code 99s as required.
- Troubleshoots technical methods of echocardiography as necessary.
- Ensures a safe testing environment in all daily operations.
- Demonstrates ability to retrieve and send data utilizing the clinical and financial information systems.
- Understands physician orders and appropriate documentation.
- Ensures adequate documentation in the medical record, test report and in the department logbooks according to department policy and procedures.
- Communicates, orally and in writing, effectively to promote teamwork and team problem solving efforts.
- Adapts to and works effectively in a variety of situations and settings, for example, special precautions disabled and dialysis patients.
- Provides appropriately explanation of prep for testing procedures, and demonstrates the ability to schedule all types of echo tests in both Burlington and Peabody.
- Complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, the policies and procedures of Lahey Clinic and the standards of any relevant accrediting organizations; participates actively in and abides by the requirements and adheres to the standards of Lahey Clinic’s compliance program.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education, and maintains own educational records in support of credentialing requirements.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Associate degree and/or graduate of an accredited echocardiography program or relevant clinical experience resulting in registry eligibility
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Requires ARDMS/RDCS or CCI/RCS accreditation or accreditation eligible and current basic life support (BLS) certification. A 1 year grace period may be provided to candidates who have completed an accredited echocardiography program and provide documentation they took but do not pass the boards.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Strong organizational and both written and verbal communication skills. In depth knowledge of cardiac anatomy, and the ability to apply that knowledge to gather relevant information for diagnostic evaluation. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: Requires a minimum of one year of experience in echocardiography.