Learn more about working at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
Clinical Operations Manager for Lifestyle Health
Burlington, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Category: Clinic Management Job ID: JR15583 Date posted: 03/17/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, the Clinical Manager provides managerial and administrative support to ensure that administrative staff assignments are completed satisfactorily. They assist in administration and management of various Divisional education and training programs and maintain Division endowment, research and education budgets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Provides leadership to secretarial, scheduling, and other non-clinical support staff as it relates to daily operations. Establishes a work environment that facilitates department functioning, cohesion, and teamwork. Assists with the development of appropriate roles for staff to reflect departmental needs.
2) Ensures adequate staffing coverage.
3) Interviews and hires support staff for positions, and makes recommendations to Chair and Executive Director on
other hiring decisions.
4) Develops job standards, procedures, and systems to ensure efficient workflows.
5) Conducts annual performance appraisals and take disciplinary action when appropriate.
6) Maintains personnel files and submit paperwork for hiring, terminations and transfers.
7) Assists in preparation of departmental budget, and monitors budget performance.
8) Provides administrative support to the Division Chair.
9) Assigns and maintains staff on-call and clinical schedules.
10) Assumes administrative responsibility for financial management of research and endowment budgets.
11) Oversees promotional projects in the Department (Website, brochure).
12) Maintains medical staff files and periodic evaluations.
13) Assists in coordination of the various educational and training programs to ensure educational standards are met as
outlined by the relevant governing bodies, including the ACGME.
14) Coordinates and promote academic related activities for the Division including Grand Rounds, Visiting Professor
lectures and continuing medical education courses.
15) Maintains fellows on-call and clinical schedules (in Divisions with fellows who take call).
16) Organizational Requirements:
- Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Clinic Confidentiality Policy.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres
- to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
- Education: Business degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Licensure, Certification, Registration: N/A
- Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work independently and interact professionally with all levels of clinical personnel.
- Experience: Three to five years health care experience with knowledge of spreadsheet, database and word processing applications