Learn more about working at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
Dispatcher/Inventory Assistant 2nd Shift
Burlington, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Category: Clinical Supplies & Processing Job ID: JR13353 Date posted: 02/10/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Evening (United States of America)Position Summary: Under general supervision of the Manager, Materials Distribution, assists with the inventory control.
of supplies within the CPD department and the user departments. Performs a variety of tasks including, data entry,
maintenance of par-levels and custom requisitions for customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Receives telephone call-downs for medical/surgical supplies and equipment, fills the supply requests, and ensures delivery within the appropriate period of time.
2. Ensures immediate delivery of all stat and emergency supplies and/or equipment.
3. Uses Sunrise system to fill all equipment orders from the floors.
4. Processes and monitors par-levels as they are uploaded into the PeopleSoft system by the Distribution Technicians via hand-held device.
5. Provides excellent customer service when staff come to the department to get products.
6. Receives phone calls and forwards them to the appropriate staff person when the nature of the call has been determined. Communicates all pertinent information.
7. Delivers stock when needed.
8. Picks up dirty code carts when needed
9. As part of the job functions, will have access to non-controlled medications for stocking purposes only.
10. Enters data into Peoplesoft. Responsible for charging and crediting of requisitions and products.
11. Trains volunteers
12. Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
13. Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
14. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic. 15. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
16. Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
17. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
18. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
19. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
20. Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department
Education: High School diploma or equivalent education and experience Licensure, Certification, Registration: Not required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Basic computer and typing skills required to enter data into desktop computer. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word in order to produce various documents as needed. Knowledge of medical terminology.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year working in a medica/surgical inventory or related environment