Learn more about working at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
Food Service Worker, Per Diem, primarily weekends and evenings
Burlington, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Category: Food / Dietary Services Job ID: JR41072 Date posted: 02/07/2024
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Under the direction of the Lead and/or the Supervisor and in accordance with established guidelines, performs a variety of tasks associated with simple food preparation and the assembly of patient trays including portioning, wrapping, slicing, and preparing salads and sandwiches.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Stocks assigned stations accurately according to established par levels for all items (100%).
2) Follows specified dot cycle for all trayline items and discards all food items after three dot days. 3) Labels and dates all opened foods such as protein salads and canned fruits and follows dates stamped on all milks.
4) Uses proper scoop sizes or spoodle, for all portioned items such as protein salads and cottage cheese.
5) Always follows what is specifically on recipe cards.
6) Prepares cake, custards, jello per recipe and fruit as needed.
7) Double checks that patient names and room number on the menu matches with the patient on the floor when delivering all trays to ensure accurate identification of the patient.
8) Always serves food at the appropriate temperature per HACCP regulations.
9) Quickly and accurately sets up late trays, always comparing the menu to items on the tray for accurate set up
10) Follows menu selections in order to accurately set up and deliver late trays, makes jello and/or custards as assigned; portions fruits; washes utensils used to prepare foods.
11) Cleans and sanitizes work area in a “clean as you go” manner, cleaning any equipment and small carts after use.
12) Completes daily cleaning assignments as posted and as directed by supervisor. 13) Prepares tube feedings and special nourishment requirements
14) Prepares daily and rotates angel cakes, cookies, custards, jello’s and salads as needed
15) Prepares sandwiches during trayline as tallied
16) Wear proper Lahey Clinic ID Badge and hand-washing badge while on Lahey Campus
17) Wear plastic gloves when handling ready to eat foods.
18) Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
19) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles and Mission Statement into daily activities.
20) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
21) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic
22) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
23) Demonstrates an understanding of job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
24) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to
our Customer Service standards.
25) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
26) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
27) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department
Education: high school degree preferred
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Ability to speak and read English; Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
Experience: Six months related experience preferred
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities