Learn more about working at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
Mgr. Watch Engineering
Burlington, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Category: Engineering Job ID: JR14189 Date posted: 02/23/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Position Summary
Under the direction of the Assistant Director – Plant Operations, responsible for overseeing the operation, maintenance and repairs of power plant boilers, chillers, pumps, auxiliary equipment, water filter system, hot water generators, fire pump, emergency electric generators and acid neutralization system. Schedules for power plant coverage as required by state law.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Assistant Director – Plant Operations, responsible for overseeing the operation, maintenance and repairs of power plant boilers, chillers, pumps, auxiliary equipment, water filter system, hot water generators, fire pump, emergency electric generators and acid neutralization system. Schedules for power plant coverage as required by state law.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
Assigns work to Watch Engineers required in maintaining equipment in optimum running condition. Responsible to maintain adequate shift coverage in an equitable manner. Coordinates outside contractors in the maintenance of power plant equipment. Keeps accurate records of daily logs and readings, calculating end-of-month totals. Performs and oversees the preventive maintenance program assigned to power plant personnel ensuring task completion on a timely basis and turning in work orders on a weekly basis. Orders fuel and operational supplies ensuring an adequate inventory. Maintains chemical feed system within defined operating parameters recording daily record of test results. Under management of Director Level or Manager Level:
- Interviews and makes effective recommendation for selection of applicants for employment.
- Provides input to and recommends decisions about job performance ratings.
- Provides input to and makes recommendations about colleagues for transfer, promotion, and special training to ensure most effective utilization of individual skills and staff development.
- Provides input for and makes recommendations for pay increases, promotions, transfers and other human resource actions.
- Takes part in the training of new staff in department policies and procedures.
- Takes part in the orientation of colleagues that are new to area or new to the performance of specific tasks.
- Provides input to the establishment of work schedules and the assignment of staff to specified areas of the department.
- Counsels, and provides input to and effectively recommends disciplines and recommends discharge as necessary.
- Provides input to the decision to retrain colleagues as necessary.
- Supervises work performance of the staff to ensure adherence to established standards.
- Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Clinic Confidentiality Policy.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Vocational/Trade School courses desirable.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Massachusetts State 2nd Class Stationary Engineer License required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards. Thorough knowledge of mechanical and electro-mechanical equipment and controls.
Experience: Five years experience in 2nd class power plant of equal or larger size preferably in a healthcare institution