Learn more about working at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
Nursing Assistant 7 Central Ortho Neurosurgery Trauma 24 Hour Days (12-hr Shifts)
Burlington, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Category: Technician Job ID: JR38182 Date posted: 02/09/2024
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Under supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs basic patient care activities in providing for the personal needs, comfort and safety of patients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
A. Cares for patients as delegated by the registered nurse and completes all aspects of activities of daily living for assigned patients (refer to Delegation Competency for Unlicensed Assistive Personnel).
1. Vital Signs: May take and record the following: ·
height and weight
Reports all unusual observations or reactions of the patient to the nurse assigned to the patient or charge nurse.
2. Intake and Output: Collects various specimens for analysis and measures and records intake and output.
3. Activities of Daily Living: Provides patients with personal care and assist with activities of daily living.
4. Clinical Procedures: Performs basic clinical procedures independently or under direct supervision of a nurse.
5. Nutrition: Provides for patient’s nutritional needs including assisting the patient with ordering room service, set up of meal tray, and feeds the patient as required.
6. Safety: Supports a culture of safety and carries out safety interventions for all patients.
7. Infection Control: Adheres to all applicable infection control policies and procedures.
8. Sitter: Assist as patient safety attendant after completion of required competency.
9. Orientation: Assists with orientation of new Nursing Assistant colleagues.
10. Performs additional unit-based activities as assigned.
B. Organizational Requirements:
Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Basic Life Support/BLS Required. New Hires/transfers will have 30 days to obtain BLS certification.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Basic ability to read, write and perform basic four-function math. Ability to obtain knowledge of medical terminology, basic personal computer skills, and interpersonal skills.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities