Learn more about working at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
Radiation Therapist I, 40 hours
Burlington, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Category: Radiation Therapy & Oncology Job ID: JR19782 Date posted: 05/23/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)The Radiation Therapist performs according to the policies, philosophy and objectives of the Radiation Oncology Department and the hospital. Works cooperatively with the department and other services to create a system of quality health care.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Applies principles of basic radiation physics interactions and protection.
- Delivers accurately the prescribed planned course of radiation therapy treatment.
- Checks prescription, diagnosis, chart and patient identification.
- Administers prescribed or advised by a physician, ointments, drops or lotions specific to the Radiation Therapy.
- Explains procedures to patients and means of communication during treatment.
- Prepares room and equipment for patient according to patient set up.
- Maintains and logs daily treatments in the patient’s records paper chart and ARIA.
- Possesses knowledge of scheduling and billing procedures proficient in IDX, ARIA, LCMC.
- Utilizes QA programs to encompass all aspects of treatment delivery.
- Understands the function of equipment, accessories and treatment methods.
- Maintains and provides annual documentation of required CEC credits for licensure.
- Participates in the clinical instruction of the RTT students.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
- Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited Radiation Therapy Program.
- Licensure, Certification, Registration: Must be registered by the ARRT (T) in Radiation Therapy. Must be licensed by the State of Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MA DPH)
- Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
- Experience: 1-2 years experience required.