Learn more about working at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department 36 Hours Evenings
Burlington, MassachusettsJob ID: JR5745 Date posted: 11/23/2022 Category: Nursing Organization Facility: Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Evening (United States of America)Sign-on Bonus of $3,500.00 available for experienced RN's (2 + years of experience required)
ED RN Registered Nurse 36 Hours Evenings
Sign-on Bonus of $3,500.00 available for experienced RN's (2 + years of experience required)
About the Job
Lahey believes that the nurse-patient relationship, continuity of care and personal accountability are central to the delivery of individualized high quality patient care.
Lahey opened a new spacious state-of-the-art Emergency Department which has:
- Over 45,000-square -foot ED with 44 Beds, a completely new entrances and a sun-filled reception area
- A convenient imaging suite, a pharmacy, a fast-track area and a behavioral health suite
- Private treatment rooms, a special family waiting area and a family consultation room
As the Lahey Emergency Department grows, we are seeking experienced and qualified nurses for our new ED. The experienced and highly skilled nurses in the ED provide care to patient that have been in accidents or have medical emergencies that need immediate attention. There is nothing our ED Nurse can’t do. We do a great job of taking care of really sick patients. Because of Lahey’s transplant service, cardiology service and cancer center, a lot of patients are already compromised. If these patients develop a stomach bug, it can represent a true emergency; the ED pulls a team together to make sure these patients are stable before they are admitted.
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center utilizes EPIC for computerized charting and medication administration.
- Nursing Diploma or ASN, BSN preferred
- At least 1 year of previous of Nursing experience in the Emergency Department strongly preferred
- At least 1 year of Nursing Experience in an acute or sub-acute setting required
- Current Massachusetts registered Nurse license required.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification and ACLS required
- Demonstrate critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
- Lifting 75 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs
- Every third weekend commitment