Learn more about working at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
Registered Nurse (RN) Surgical ICU 36 Hours Day/Night Rotation
Burlington, MassachusettsJob ID: JR59 Date posted: 10/01/2022 Category: Nursing Organization Facility: Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Sign-on Bonus of $3,500.00 available for experienced RN's (2 + years of experience required)
RN Surgical ICU LHMC 36 Hours Day/Night Rotation with an every third weekend commitment
Lahey believes that the nurse-patient relationship, continuity of care and personal accountability are central to the delivery of individualized high quality patient care. Our exceptional nurses provide extraordinary care to our patients.
As Lahey continues to grow, we are seeking experienced and qualified nurses for our Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU) / Cardiothoracic Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (CT PACU). The SICU is a 24-bed acute intensive care area specializing in the care of patients following major trauma, postoperative multi-system failure and liver or kidney transplants. The experienced and highly skilled nurses in the SICU also provide care to patients following surgery in the CT PACU. The patient-to-nurse ratio is 1:1 or 2:1 throughout all shifts. Using the latest technologies, nursing staff provide care to patients requiring ventilatory support, hemodynamic monitoring, ICP monitoring, CRRT, IABP and BIVADS, in addition to providing support and comfort to the families of these patients.
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center utilizes EPIC for computerized charting and medication administration. Computerized self-scheduling is available along with every third weekend rotation.
- BSN preferred
- At least 1 year of previous of Nursing experience in acute care or sub-acute setting required
- Critical Care and Telemetry experience preferred
- Current Massachusetts registered Nurse license required.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification required
- ACLS certification preferred
- Demonstrate critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
- Lifting 75 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs