Learn more about working at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
Burlington, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Category: Respiratory Care Job ID: JR35697 Date posted: 02/12/2024
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Night (United States of America)
Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is now offering up to a $5,000 in signing bonuses for our Respiratory Therapist positions.
Signing Bonuses are paid out in two payments. You will receive your first payment (half of the total amount) of upon completion of the first six months of hire and your second payment (half of the total amount) upon completion of one year of hire. The bonus payments will be paid on the next regular pay day following the date on which you become eligible for the bonus. All payments are subject to applicable taxes.
To be eligible:
• Current and former BILH candidates - restrictions apply. Employees within the BILH system are not eligible for the bonus or if you have been employed by a BILH entity within the last 12-months. Employee must be in good standing to receive the bonus at the time of payment.
• Signing Bonus is determined on a full-time status of 40 hours. Hours less than 40 hours will be prorated. Per Diem roles are not eligible.
• If you leave Lahey Hospital & Medical Center before your first anniversary you will pay back the signing bonus.
• Please note, signing bonuses are subject to change based on the organizations hiring needs and will be determined by Talent Acquisition on an ongoing basis. BILH/LHMC Talent Acquisition reserves the right to change signing bonus eligible jobs and amounts at any time.
This position reports directly to the Manager of Respiratory Therapy and receives day to day oversight from the Respiratory Supervisors. The Respiratory Care Practitioner performs respiratory care related duties to all age groups. The Respiratory Care Practitioner is responsible for direct patient care within their scope of services in accordance with state licensure, and the Registration Board of Respiratory Care. The Respiratory Care Practitioner works under physician orders, follows departmental and Lahey Hospital & Medical Center policies. The Respiratory Care Practitioner utilizes a high level of critical thinking skills, must have the ability to apply the appropriate best-practice, be objective and receptive to others’ points of view with regard to patient care issues.
Associates degree in Respiratory Therapy from an Accredited School of Respiratory Therapy.
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
- Massachusetts License
- Certified Respiratory Therapist – Registered Respiratory Therapist Preferred
- Current ACLS needs to be obtained within three months of employment
- RRT is required, but can apply as CRT and must obtain RRT within a year.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:Minimal Computer skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Working knowlegde of PC’s.
Excellent Oral and Written Communication skills.
Ability to impart specialized clinical and medical information to members of the health care team; physician, nurses
Experience as a Staff Respiratory Therapist with a focus on critical care preferred
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities