Learn more about working at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
Simulation Technology Specialist & AHA Coordinator
Burlington, MassachusettsJob ID: JR11133 Date posted: 01/25/2023 Category: Professional Education Organization Facility: Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Simulation Tech Specialist & AHA Coordinator
This position will plan, organize, oversee the American Heart Association (AHA)certifications at LHMC Burlington and Peabody. To ensure that all staff that require BLS, ACLS and PALS Certifications follow the expectations of AHA in order to maintain the skills necessary to give our patients excellent quality care.
Responsible for accurately replicating realistic highly complex clinical scenarios using sophisticated high and low fidelity simulation equipment and software. Assist faculty from all clinical areas in running a simulation session by operating equipment necessary to produce the scenario or educational session. Supports Senior Simulation Technology Specialist in maintenance of equipment and trouble shooting. Provides oversight and management as American Heart Association (AHA) coordinator for BLS & ACLS programs. Serves as faculty for educational programs that are within the scope of professional practice for this position.
Operates the learning management video recording equipment and human patient simulator (HPS) for simulation scenarios, educational sessions and demonstrations. Prepares simulators and organizes (or obtains) necessary supplies and props for simulation scenarios. Transports simulators to areas where simulation activities will occur. Provide orientation for faculty on new equipment or equipment that is unfamiliar to them. Assists faculty in customizing scenarios on the fly using the HPS systems. Identify issues that may impede the operation of simulation equipment and troubleshoot issues with support from Senior Simulation Technology Specialist Serves as the American Heart Association (AHA) Training Center Coordinator which includes but is not limited to:
1. Ensuring compliance with all AHA regulations and policies per the current AHA Program Administration Manual.
2. Maintains instructor records and provides updates mandated by the AHA
3. Oversees and delegates when necessary the facilitation of all ACLS & BLS classes and skills checks for maintenance of certification for all healthcare professionals within the organization
4. Oversees compliance and management of ACLS courses
5. Conducts instructor training courses for AHA programs as needed
6. Maintains records of completion of AHA courses and oversees e-card creation and distribution to participants
7. Oversees input of class completion into hospital data base for compliance records. Serves as faculty for professional development programs within the scope of practice