Learn more about working at Mount Auburn Hospital
Cambridge, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Mount Auburn Hospital Category: Genetics Job ID: JR8402 Date posted: 01/13/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)GENETICS COUNSELOR
1. Assists with obtaining prior authorizations, letters of medical necessity, CRF
and other paperwork required for reimbursement purposes.
2. Assists staff with coordinating appointments between the Genetic & Cancer
Prevention Clinic and the Hoffman Breast Center.
3. Provides genetic counseling to patients and counseling and coordination
services for other screening programs.
4. Returns results, answer phone calls and e-mails from patients and generally
assists in improving the patient experience at the GCPC.
5. Analyze genetic information to identify patients or families at risk for
specific disorders or syndromes.
6. Determine or coordinate treatment plans by requesting laboratory services,
reviewing genetics or counseling literature, and considering histories or
7. Discuss testing options and the associated risks, benefits and limitations with
patients and families to assist them in making informed decisions.
8. Interview patients or review medical records to obtain comprehensive patient
or family medical histories, and document findings.
9. Interpret laboratory results and communicate findings to patients or
1. Master of Science degree from an accredited two-year graduate program in genetic counseling.
2. Certification through The American Board of Genetic Counselors (ABGC) or Board eligible.
3. Strong Communication skills and the ability to translate and communicate complex information in a simple, relevant way.
Mount Auburn Hospital employees must be able to readily adjust to change and handle a rapid-paced environment and the stresses associated with that, while continuing to provide high-quality, efficient service.