Learn more about working at Mount Auburn Hospital
Lactation Consultant - RN (Mother/Baby)
Cambridge, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Mount Auburn Hospital Category: Labor & Delivery Job ID: JR13991 Date posted: 02/23/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Job Type:Per Diem
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Lactation Consultant - RN (Mother/Baby)
1. Provides competent and compassionate nursing care by utilizing the nursing process; as evidenced by assessing / reassessing the patient’s needs, developing, implementing, and evaluating an individualized lactation plan of care
2. Performs thorough admission assessment / reassessments in accordance with policy
3. Identifies and develops an individualized lactation plan of care and modifies the plan with changes in the patient’s condition
4. Identifies and documents patient/family/significant other teaching needs throughout the hospitalization
5.Identifies discharge planning needs of patient/family/significant other on initial assessment and throughout the hospitalization
6. Maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided, to ensure quality care and the integration of information for use by the healthcare team.
7. Lactation documentation/plan is accurate and complete
8. Demonstrates ability and utilizes the computer system as required for documentation; incident reporting and prompt acknowledgment of all orders.
9. Individualized discharge instructions / referrals are accurate and complete.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of hospital policies and procedures for medication administration.
11. Utilizes the eMAR system for expressed breast milk feeding; scanning all patient ID bracelets and all medications/expressed breast milk consistently 12. Demonstrates knowledge of common medications and use with breastfeeding.
1. Must be a registered nurse who holds a valid RN license in Massachusetts
2. IBCLC certification required