Learn more about working at Mount Auburn Hospital
Manager, Patient Financial Services
Cambridge, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Mount Auburn Hospital Category: Billing, Collections, & Patient Financial Services Job ID: JR22161 Date posted: 05/24/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Responsible for supervision, coordination, and management of the activity of billing personnel in the patient account area. Evaluate and initiate policies and procedures to ensure efficient operations and maintain days in accounts receivable at targeted levels
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Maintains and coordinates the activities of personnel in the Patient Financial Services office; monitors cash flow.
2. Meets with billers and staff periodically to solve problems or revise procedures. Plans and schedules workloads to benefit cash flow and reduce accounts receivables.
3. Coordinates and has input with other departments, such as Admitting, Preadmission Review, and various areas within the hospital to ensure prompt and accurate receipt of the information necessary to process patient bills.
4. Interacts with Data Processing regarding reporting needs, problems, or system enhancements.
5. Assesses the performance of assigned staff in a timely manner.
6. Handles problem telephone calls and/or problems which staff cannot resolve.
7. Approves adjustments and write-offs for submission to Data Processing.
8. Completes weekly payroll for respective personnel.
9. Requests and compiles information requested by the Director of Patient Financial Services.
10. Contributes to computer parameter changes and information.
11. Assists in the preparation of annual departmental budget.
12. Interviews and assists in the hiring of new personnel.
1. BS in accounting or business administration.
2. Five years of experience in patient accounts.
3. Excellent management skills with verbal and written communication skills necessary to interact with people within the department and in other departments.
4. Knowledge of all billing functions within the office in order to direct personnel effectively.
5. Knowledge of computer operations in order to understand how information is compiled and generated for output.
1. Mount Auburn Hospital employees must be able to readily adjust to change and handle a rapid-paced environment and the stresses associated with that, while continuing to provide high-quality, efficient service.
Physical Nature of the Job:
1. Office environment.