Learn more about working at Mount Auburn Hospital
Blood Bank Medical Technologist - Evening Shift
Cambridge, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Mount Auburn Hospital Category: Laboratory Job ID: JR17242 Date posted: 05/25/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Evening (United States of America)Blood Bank
- Performs the duties of a medical technologist for the Blood Bank. Rotates through all shifts as needed.
- Follows strict principles of asepsis and antisepsis in performing duties. Uses proper techniques and equipment.
- Assures proper functioning, maintenance, and cleanliness of equipment and work area.
- Performs tests and procedures as ordered, following outlines in procedure manuals.
- Determines that specimens were collected, transported, labeled, and preserved according to procedures 100% of the time.
- Records, reports, and posts test results/findings as required to meet established standards.
- Performs quality control using established protocols.
- Adheres to established hospital and department policies, procedures, and objectives. Complies with requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
- Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, logs, and files.
- Attends inservices and meetings as required. Keeps up to date with new methods or improvements. Initials meeting notes indicating they have been read and understood.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, conferences, and professional affiliations.
- Troubleshoots methods, procedures, and instrumentation as needed according to departmental procedures.
- Monitors and maintains adequate inventory for daily testing routine.
- Performs other similar or related duties as required or as directed.
- Revises or transcribes procedures as directed.
- Participates in the evaluation of new techniques as required.
- Operates computer for required applications.
- Participates in the training of new technologists, medical students, and house officers.
- Interviews, phlebotomizes, and provides post-phlebotomy care for autologous and allogenic donors and therapeutic phlebotomy patients.
- Bachelor's degree in medical technology, M.T. (A.S.C.P.), or equivalent.
- One year of experience in a similar or related job setting is preferred. New graduates will be considered.