Learn more about working at Mount Auburn Hospital
Nurse Practitioner-Primary Care Center
Cambridge, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Mount Auburn Hospital Category: Advanced Practitioner / Advance Practice Provider / Physician Assistant Job ID: JR10922 Date posted: 05/02/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)NURSE PRACTITIONER - Primary Care Center
NURSE PRACTITIONER - Primary Care Center
Nurse practitioner sought for a teaching practice at Mount Auburn Hospital. The successful candidate will practice in a team-based setting comprised of internal medicine clinicians, resident physicians, behavioral health, pharmacy, and nursing. We care for a diverse population of patients and provide full-spectrum adult primary care, including women’s health, substance use disorders, and geriatrics.
- Assessing the physical and psychosocial health of individuals by obtaining medical and social histories, performing physical examinations, diagnosing health problems, and caring for patients with acute and chronic diseases
- Consulting appropriately with the collaborating physician(s) according to established guidelines
- Collaborating with other members of the health care team, including resident physicians, consultants, and home care agencies
- Initiating, evaluating, and modifying treatment plans
- Ordering and interpreting laboratory and radiographic studies as necessary
- Assessing individual patients’ level of health education and providing appropriate teaching
- Maintaining accurate and timely medical records
- Communicating effectively and working as part of a team
- Education/Training: Successful completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program or graduate of a Bachelors or Master’s Degree program with an incorporated Nurse Practitioner Program. Knowledge of a second language not required but highly desirable.
- Licensure: Registered to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in an expanded role. Maintains DEA number and Mass DPH registration to prescribe controlled substances. MA RN Licensure required.
- Certifications: Must have taken and passed a recognized national certification exam and have maintained certification. Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support Certification.
- Work Experience: A minimum of two (2) years nurse practitioner experience in Primary Care required