Learn more about working at Mount Auburn Hospital
Patient Care Associate - ICU
Cambridge, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Mount Auburn Hospital Category: Technician Job ID: JR16180 Date posted: 03/17/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Job Type:Per Diem
Work Shift:Rotating (United States of America)Patient Care Associate - ICU
1. Assists with activities of daily living such as hygiene, nutrition, elimination, mobility, comfort, and safety.
2. Monitors and documents vital signs, patient weights, intake/output, and other data.
3. Completes patient treatments as directed, and assists healthcare professionals with more complex treatments.
4. Performs phlebotomy and EKG's, applies Holter monitors, and performs glucometry. Collects and labels specimens.
5. Answers patient call lights and ensures resolution of patient issues.
6. Transports discharged patients.
7. Participates in patient care rounds.
8. Provides one-to-one observation of patients as needed.
9. Participates in conferences and educational programs as appropriate.
10. Maintain BCLS certification and attend annual Safety Education Fair
11. Maintain unit competencies.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Ability to read and write at level 8, as documented on "Invest," the hospital's Employee Learning Laboratory software.
3. Good oral communication skills to ensure the accurate transfer of information, and strong interpersonal skills to facilitate courteous interaction with patients, visitors, and other hospital staff members.