Learn more about working at Mount Auburn Hospital
Registered Nurse - Wyman II (Geri-Psych)
Cambridge, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Mount Auburn Hospital Category: Nursing Job ID: JR31784 Date posted: 09/19/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Night (United States of America)Registered Nurse - Wyman II (Geri- Psych)
1. Provides competent compassionate nursing care based on scientific principles and the use of the nursing process.
2. Collaborates with other professionals and directs nonprofessional nursing personnel in maintaining recognized standards, policies, and procedures.
3. Maintains and updates clinical knowledge and skills based on current nursing and health care practices by maintaining CEU requirements for Board of Registration in Nursing eligibility.
4. Administers medication according to nursing/hospital/unit policy/procedure without errors.
5. Assesses patients needs, plans nursing care, implements the plan of care, and evaluates results as evidenced by documentation in accordance with the policies and standards set by the Nursing Department.
6. Provides and documents education to patients and their significant others.
7. Maintains BCLS certification and attends annual education fair.
8. Maintains unit competencies.
1. Knowledge of nursing process, theories, and clinical expertise related to patient care, normally acquired through the completion of a nursing training program at an NLN accredited school of nursing.
2. Current registration in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
3. Interpersonal skills to interact with patients, families, and a multidisciplinary team of health-care personnel to resolve complex problems.
4. Able to acquire, through training programs and continuing education, technical knowledge related to their area.