Learn more about working at Mount Auburn Hospital
Staff Radiation Therapist - Per Diem
Cambridge, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Mount Auburn Hospital Category: Radiation Therapy & Oncology Job ID: JR20774 Date posted: 05/25/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Job Type:Per Diem
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Radiation Therapy
- Provides patient education in order to maximize patient compliance with his/her plan of care and provide family education when needed.
- Monitors patient’s physical and physiological response to treatment and refer patient for appropriate management when indicated.
- Demonstrates respect for patient’s confidentiality, modesty and privacy.
- Administers radiation therapy treatment accurately and safely; monitor and report reactions, therapeutic responses and inconsistencies.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of the principles of growth and development from infant through the geriatric stage of life span.
- Assesses patient relative data pertinent to age-specific needs and provides care as described in the department policy and procedure manual.
- Positions, immobilizes and aligns patients according to treatment plan and effectively evaluates and solves set-up problems.
- Maintains logs and daily treatment records, including accurate documentation of all treatment procedures.
- Possesses knowledge of all scheduling, treatment and billing procedures
- Understands the function of equipment, accessories, treatment methods and protocols and applies knowledge appropriately.
- Works with the Sr. Radiation Therapist to resolve clinical problems.
- Utilizes a quality assurance program to encompass all aspects of treatment delivery and quality patient care.
- Instructs and orients new Radiation Therapists, students and other staff members unfamiliar with department and/or specific procedures.
- Adapts contingency plans in response to variable which influences work load and/or schedule.
- Demonstrates cooperation and teamwork and is responsive to all members.
- May elect to teach in the School of Radiation Therapy.
- Attends and participates in scheduled Departmental and Therapist Staff Meetings.
- Maintains and can provide annual documentation of the required amount of Continuing Education Credits needed for licensure.
- Is an active member of professional organization; participates in professional activities by attending meetings, serving on committees or tasks forces, writing and/or presenting scientific papers.
- Participates in the clinical instruction and evaluation of the Radiation Therapy Technology students.
- Must be a graduate of a CAHEA accredited educational program or equivalent.
- Must be registry eligible or hold active certification by the ARRT and have valid Massachusetts license in Radiation Therapy.
- Supervisory/Management Responsibility: Supervises Radiation Therapist Clinical Assistant(s) and students assigned to the area.