Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
MRI Patient Registration Coordinator - weekend position
Danvers, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health Primary Care Category: Patient Access Job ID: JR19961 Date posted: 07/24/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)MRI Pt Registration Coord
MRI Patient Registration Coordinator
Under the supervision of the MRI Scheduling Supervisor/Patient Services Facilitator, the MRI Patient Registration Coordinator will assist with the delivery of patient care at Lahey Outpatient Center Danvers, but also at times, in the role of tech aide positioning patients and assisting the technologist as required.
- Greets patients in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Answers/directs calls and pages when required.
- Registers patients accurately through the computer to ensure a proper check in process, verifying the patients identification, scanning the health insurance card in EPIC, have the patient sign a consent for treatment/billing, scan documents into EPIC, wristband patient, and verifies and updates all registration, guarantor and insurance fields to ensure eligibility, benefits, copay and preauthorization are all in place..
- Collects co-payments and ensures all patients without insurance pay at time of scan. Reconciles collections in EPIC, closes cash draw and delivers payments to the appropriate party before end of shift.
- Performs MRI safety screening with patient for metal implants and other contraindications.
- Makes necessary arrangements for outpatient ride assistance.
- Arranges ambulance service for inpatients to our satellite locations when applicable and transport services for in-house patients.
- Mails transcribed reports to the patient and/or an additional physician as per patient request at the time of his/her scan.
- Transcribes, scans and files all outpatient orders into Epic.
- Reviews orders for accuracy in accordance with MRI Protocol Manual.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Copies and prepares MRI safety screening form packets.
- Contacts patients regarding arrangements for cd pickup which are required for radiologist comparison. Processes patient and referring provider requests for MRI results report and CD of images.
- MRI scheduling/rescheduling of patient appointments.
- Performs phone MRI safety pre-screening with patient including follow up on: GFR lab results; orbital x-rays and ensures all metal implants and contraindications research has been completed for the day’s patients. Documents all important patient correspondence i.e. operative notes, insurance updates and implants which are essential for MRI safety and patient satisfaction.
- Inpatient scheduling as needed.
- When call queues are busy, backs up MRI Schedulers on ACD (Automated Call Distribution) system as needed.
- Emails Radiologist daily coverage schedule to all MRI Department staff.
- Monitors front office inventory levels and purchases office supplies as necessary.
- Provides courteous interaction between the MRI Department and referring hospitals/physicians’ offices.
- Works with MRI Scheduling Supervisor/Patient Services Facilitator and Chief Technologist in implementing policies regarding patient care.
- Completes special projects as requested by management.
- Reads and responds to all e-mails appropriately and promptly.
- Maintains clean waiting rooms and coffee station.
- Completes all annual safety training for MRI and Hospital mandatory Healthstream learning modules.
Performs technologist aide functions as needed i.e. screens patient, changes patient, assist with lifting/positioning of the patient in preparation for the MRI, obtains CD at end of exam for patient and cleans MRI scanner room. Interviews patients, obtains pertinent clinical history before MRI examination and fully informs patient about the exam. Assists getting the patient changed for their exam. Assists getting the patient in and out of the scan room. Assists Technologist with positioning of patients. Conducts proper discharge of patient. Confirms with the technologist that the patient leaves with the correct CD if applicable. Ensures the stocking of scan rooms and linen closets. Assists claustrophobic, elderly, pediatric and inpatients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Confidentiality policy.
Incorporate Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities.
Comply with all Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Policies.
Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Hospital and Medical Center.
Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
High school graduate required. Advance education is preferred.
Knowledge of PC computer systems, ability to learn basic scheduling software and work with word processing applications.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
3-4 years’ experience in a fast-paced health care medical facility setting.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Typing speed 50 WPM, third party payor knowledge and insurance background required.
Must have exceptional communication and organizational skills to interact with providers, technologists, patients and radiologists.
Must be able to work independently as well as in a team.
Must be self-motivated and have ability to work in healthcare setting
Must be able to perform research and well as troubleshoot.
Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
Must maintain a professional manner and appearance.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities