Together, we can
positively impact our
Learn more about working at Addison Gilbert Hospital
Nursing Assistant Elderly Acute Care Evenings
Gloucester, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Addison Gilbert Hospital Category: Technician Job ID: JR14538 Date posted: 03/14/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Evening (United States of America)Every other weekend and holiday
The Nursing Assistant will provide basic care activities and provide personal needs, comfort and safety of your patient. You will assists with the delivery of patient care under the direction of the Registered Nurse. The primary responsibility will be focus on performing technical, therapeutic, administrative tasks and procedures for which they have been trained.
Schedule: 24 hour Evenings- every other weekend required
Examples of tasks to be completed
- Vital Signs, Height and Weight, Oxygen Saturation
- Reporting all unusual observations to the nurse
- Collecting various specimens for analysis
- Recording and measuring intake and output
- Providing patient with personal care and assisting with daily activities
- Performing basic clinical procedures independently or under the supervision of the RN
- Provide nutritional needs including assisting and ordering room service, setting up meal trays and feeding.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to read/write and perform basic 4 function math
- Desire to help people and/or have aspirations of becoming a healthcare professional
- Basic computer skills (preferred)
- Medical terminology (preferred)
- Basic Life Support certification (BLS) required within 90 days of hire.
Certification/License: CNA Certification preferred but not required upon hire
Welcome to Addison Gilbert Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Addison Gilbert Hospital is a full service, 70-bed medical/surgical acute care facility in Gloucester, MA. Founded in 1889, the hospital provides state-of-the-art inpatient and outpatient care to residents of the Cape Ann community in specialties such as radiology, cancer care, primary and pediatric care, cardiology, inpatient geriatric services, and emergency medicine. Addison Gilbert Hospital continues to score among the top hospitals in the nation for patient safety as it is one of only 42 hospitals in the United States to be awarded an “A” grade from The Leapfrog Group – the nation’s leading nonprofit watchdog on hospital quality and safety.
Addison Gilbert Hospital promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Community, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork and Empathy.