Together, we can
positively impact our
Learn more about working at Addison Gilbert Hospital
Patient Access Representative PER DIEM
Gloucester, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Addison Gilbert Hospital Category: Patient Access Job ID: JR9398 Date posted: 03/02/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Job Type:Per Diem
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Patient Access Representative
Under the direction of the Director, Manager and/or Supervisor of Patient Access Services, performs functions which include greeting the patients, assisting family members of patients, paging security, registering and scheduling patients, performing data entry of charges (in certain areas), verifying insurances for eligibility and benefits, and obtaining authorizations or pre-certifications, when needed. Includes the collection and/or notification of any out-of-pocket payments the patient may owe for insurance co-payments or deposits for the services rendered, if applicable. Provides exceptional customer service to all. Is friendly, caring, courteous, and professional. Is a liaison to the patient, family member, and to the services/departments at the hospital or clinic. Prepares and organizes clinic schedules in certain areas. Responsibilities include revenue cycle and administrative tasks, as assigned. Observes all health and safety requirements. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Greeting; registration; insurance verification; facility copay collection; printing/obtaining requisitions for patients that present without an order; and general customer service
- Administrative Support:
- Coordinate/facilitates daily administrative departmental activity
- Assures copay collection
- Addresses patient and provider inquiries - Phone/Fax/Email
- Registers and enters patient orders for Radiology and Laboratory Services
- Assists with departmental administrative support – supply ordering, copying, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Advanced education is preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- 1-2 years’ experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in registration.
- Typing speed 50WPM, CRT experience, medical terminology.
- Third party payor knowledge and insurance background required.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.