Together, we can
positively impact our
Learn more about working at Addison Gilbert Hospital
Gloucester, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Addison Gilbert Hospital Category: Nursing Job ID: JR28883 Date posted: 08/23/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Night (United States of America)Registered Nurse - Job_Description_Under_Construction
Essential Role Responsibilities
Assessment: The RN collects health data and determines nursing diagnoses.
- Performs complete and thorough assessments of the patient's physical, functional, spiritual, cultural, psychosocial, nutritional and pain status.
- Identification of needs of the patient/ family.
- Conducts reassessments according to current nursing standards.
- Consistently assesses patient/family discharge planning and educational needs.
Planning: The RN develops a plan of care that identifies expected outcomes individualized to the patient and prescribes interventions to attain outcomes.
- Development of an individualized and flexible plan of care for each patient utilizing appropriate nursing standards, incorporating the patient and family in the development of the plan.
- Consults and collaborates with other disciplines to meet identified patient/family needs.
- Develops and implements patient/family teaching plan
- Identifies individualized goals for each patient based on current knowledge and skills.
Implementation: The RN implements the interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implements the plan of care following the actions specified.
- Documents progress towards goals established in the plan of care utilizing the appropriate forms and or tools.
- Administers medications safely and in accordance with hospital policies and procedures. Demonstrates knowledge of dosage ranges, therapeutic indications and side effects for medications administered to the patient. Applies clinical judgment in the appropriate administration of "PRN" medications. Utilizes the pain scale as part of the pre and post pain assessment with each dosage administered.
- Adheres to Patient Care Services and Areas of Practice policies, procedures, standards of care and code of ethics,
Evaluation: The RN evaluates the patient's progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Evaluates the plan of care, reviewing and revising as needed, anticipating and intervening in potential problems/complications before they occur.
- Evaluates the patient/family teaching plan, reviewing and revising as needed.
- Communicates with other disciplines, as appropriate in regards to evaluating the effectiveness of the plan of care
- Revises plan of care as appropriate.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Previous Diabetes Care experience preferred
- Bachelor of Science Degree Preferred
- Current Massachusetts RN licensure
- BCLS required
- Certified Diabetes Educator