Together, we can
positively impact our
Learn more about working at Addison Gilbert Hospital
Security Officer - 40 hours/week, evening shift
Gloucester, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Addison Gilbert Hospital Category: Security Job ID: JR11602 Date posted: 01/24/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Whether you’re interested in a career as a police officer, a firefighter or growing your career in healthcare, Beverly Hospital provides a solid career path and values individual contributions. If you have a valid driver’s license, are adaptable, pay close attention to detail and remain calm in difficult situations, consider applying for a position as a Security Officer. One year of Security, Military or comparable experience and preferably enrolled in a Criminal Justice program.
As part of the security team, you will:
- Patrol assigned areas on foot or in a vehicle
- Check for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress/egress and unauthorized persons
- Perform monthly preventative maintenance and required equipment checks
- Elevator phones
- Outside emergency phones
- Vehicle equipment
- Door alarms and panel
- Building alarms
- Fire alarm panels
- All doors and locks and radio equipment
- Prepare logs and reports
- Respond to all codes and alarms
- Coordinate with local police, fire and emergency personnel
- Respond to medical emergency calls including slips and falls in the facility or on the grounds
- Provide assistance to patients, visitors, and colleagues with vehicle problems
- Retrieve and deliver pharmacy items such as vaccines, alcohol, and narcotics.
Learn more and apply today.
High School Graduate or equivalent. Graduate of or enrollee in a criminal justice program preferred
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Current valid driver’s license required. Basic Life Support certification required within 90 days of hire.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Observant, paying close attention to detail; Ability to remain calm in difficult situations; Adaptable to sometimes rapidly changing situations; Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively across diverse cultures and at various social and educational levels. Basic computer and data entry skills. In the absence of a particular skill, colleague must have the ability to be trained to a level of proficiency.
Minimum 1 year of Security, Military or comparable experience.