Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Medical Office RN
Hamilton, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health Primary Care Category: Nursing Job ID: JR36871 Date posted: 11/14/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)*Sign-on bonus available!*
The Registered Nurse (or LPN) role is now eligible for a $1,500 sign-on bonus. Important Details: Bonuses are paid out in $1,000 increments at 30 days, 6 months and at the 1 year anniversary. To be eligible, you must be a non-BILH employee or a previous eligible employee who returns to BILH after 1 year. Employee must be in good standing to receive the bonus at the time of payment. All bonuses are subject to applicable taxes. This program is subject to change at any point.
Under the supervision of the Site Manager, performs patient triage and has patient care responsibilities in support of multiple health care providers. Performs clinical, technical and clerical duties to ensure quality patient care is provided. The Medical Office RN works in collaboration with the physician(s), other healthcare provider(s) and other clinical support staff within the department and with other disciplines to plan and coordinate the delivery of patient care. The Medical Office RN demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide expected standards of care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, spiritual, safety and age-appropriate considerations of patients. Responsibilities include health maintenance, teaching, counseling, collaborative planning and restoration of optimal functioning and comfort or for the dignified death of those they serve.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Telephone triage and assessment
2. Renders patient care within the scope of their training, including administering immunizations and allergy injections, performs blood draws, and obtains height, weight and blood pressure on all patients and documents appropriately in patient’s chart.
3. Assists physicians with minor procedures.
4. Prepares exam rooms and restocks supplies.
5. Enters required information for prescription refills properly through electronic medical record.
6. The Medical Office RN is expected to and is accountable for providing safe patient care by demonstrating organizational skills that maintain and coordinate safe delivery of quality care for assigned patients/families.
7. Performing systematic patient and family assessment relevant to practice settings and record the related health data.
8. Analyze and interpret recorded data. Make informed judgments as to the specific problems and elements of nursing care mandated by a particular situation.
9. Delivering care that is specific to the age of the patient
10. Utilizing listening skills and clinical judgment in decision making to telephonically assess the severity of patient caller signs and symptoms.
11. Evaluating effectiveness of care and adapts plan based on patient/family response
12. Providing patient care by 1. Providing necessary physical care to appropriate patient populations which include ADL’s, positioning, transporting, and treatments 2. Utilizing and transporting equipment 3. Monitoring and recognizing acute changes in the patient and intervenes appropriately and 4. Administering medications including blood and blood products
13. Establishes professional relationship with nurses, physicians and other colleagues and patients and families.
14. Educates the patient and family about the patient’s illness and treatment including preventative measures appropriate to the patient.
15. Supports Lahey Clinics commitment to community based activities both within the Lahey community and beyond.
16. Collaborates, cooperates and communicates with other healthcare providers to ensure quality and continuity of care.
17. Demonstrates skills as a responsive team member.
18. Demonstrates role of nurse as teacher.
19. Demonstrates ability to fulfill role in regulatory compliance and readiness.
20. Serve as patient advocate, within the limits of the law.
21. Upholds standards of quality nursing care
22. Demonstrates a commitment to lifelong learning.
23. Demonstrates evidenced based practice (EBP) in nursing.
Education: Graduate of a state approved and/or accredited School of Nursing
Experience: Medical Office experience is preferred.
License/Certification: Current RN license to practice in state of Massachusetts. Must maintain BLS certification.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities