Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Clinician Shift Supervisor (LICSW/LMHC) - Community Behavioral Health Center (CBHC)
Lawrence, MassachusettsJob ID: JR5571 Date posted: 11/22/2022 Category: Behavioral Health Organization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)
- Sign on bonus up to $3000 (pro-rated for Part Time)
- New Increased Competitive Rates
- Day 1 Benefits
The Shift Supervisor monitors emergency service delivery of the Adult and Youth Mobile Crisis Intervention (A/YMCI) Programs and hospitals served. The Shift Supervisor works closely with A/YMCI Triage as one of the first points of contact for clients, families and referring providers to accessing emergent, urgent, or routine behavioral health care.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
- Provides case consultation to emergency services clinicians and documentation review in various programs during designated shift
- Provides clinical supervision to triage clinicians and emergency services clinicians as designated.
- Provides A/YMCI Assessments as needed both in person and via telehealth.
- Provides smooth function of the services as the person in charge of triaging calls and prioritizing the use of clinicians, supportive staffing, and other resources. Serves as liaison with related systems and provides supportive and informational communication with persons served.
- Conduct screening and brief assessment to gather data required to appropriately triage to urgent, emergent or routine behavioral health service
- Complete a safety assessment as part of the first point of contact with each patient
- Coordinate with the other triage team members in order to make an informed decision about the most appropriate referral(s) for the client
- Understands all levels of behavioral health care and what constitutes an appropriate referral
- Engage and develop a positive working relationship with all clients
- Engage and develop a positive working relationship with other providers of service and the clients’ natural support
- Serves as the primary liaison between the organization and other providers and community partners such as primary care and police
- Maintains a working knowledge of insurance requirements for services to which clients are commonly referred
- Facilitate a warm handoff to the level of care/service provider.
- Master’s degree in human services field, four years post-masters experience. Minimum two years of supervisory experience.
- Licensed at the Independent level required, LICSW, LMHC, or Licensed Psychologist in the Commonwealth of MA.
- Knowledge of commercial behavioral healthcare practices, evidenced based treatments, managed care principles, provider development and quality improvement concepts is essential. Familiarity with state and local agencies serving the community helpful.
- Ability to exercise good judgment clinically, legally and ethically and to consult with supervisor as needed.
Schedule: FT 32 hrs, Sat & Sun (7am-11pm) Double Shifts