Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Engagement Specialist, Community Behavioral Health Center
Lawrence, MassachusettsJob ID: JR4616 Date posted: 01/19/2023 Category: Behavioral Health Organization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Engagement Specialist - Lawrence Community Behavioral Health Center (CBHC)
- Sign on Bonus up to $3000 (pre-rated for part time)
- New Increased Competitive Rates
- Hybrid schedule available
The Engagement Specialist (ES) is a front-line, first impression position requiring a customer-service oriented individual with a professional and positive attitude that willassess what is most important for the client regarding his/her health and life goals and provide information about the supports and resources.
The ES will interact with new and current clients at the CBHC. The ES performs outreach and engagement as well as care coordination and care transitions for individuals enrolled in the CBHC. The ES, under the direction and supervision of the Program Director, is a Member of the individual’s care team
The Engagement Specialists Responsibilities Are:
- Adhere to all policies and procedures relative to outreach and engagement, care coordination and care transition functions and activities;
- Assume responsibility for a client case load;
- Conduct outreach and outreach engagement activities and provide information about the benefits, design and purpose of the CBHC program;
- Identify the need for interpreter service, cultural considerations, preferences, and accommodations;
- Utilize person-centered framework to identify the enrollee’s and/or caregiver's goals, preferences, and desired level of involvement;
- Facilitate communication among and coordinate with the care plan team and other providers who serve the client;
- Execute the activities necessary to support the client’s care plan to ensure the client has timely and coordinated access to medical, behavioral health and social care needs;
- Completes all necessary documentation within expected timeframes and in compliance with program expectations;
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community-based organizations;
- Facilitate referrals to resources including medical appointments and conduct ongoing follow-up;
- Support safe transitions in care;
- Provide transportation as needed to medical/BH appointments while coordinating community-based transportation;
- Attend clinical rounds meeting as scheduled or as requested;
- Participate in supervision with CBHC Program Director;
- Participate in all trainings conducted or directed by BILH BS;
- High school graduate or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in psychology, social work or related human services field preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in community-based behavioral health support program preferred.
- Must be able and willing to transport persons served in personal vehicle. As such, must have a valid driver's license, reliable vehicle, and ability to satisfy BILH BS approved driver policy. Travel and an ability to meet persons served in a variety of outreach settings is required.
- Ability and desire to work with a diverse client population.
Schedule: FT - 40 hours, Tues-Sat (9:30am-6:00pm)