Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Medical Assistant (MA), Behavioral Health
Lawrence, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services Category: Technician Job ID: JR44051 Date posted: 02/12/2024
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Medical Assistant position located at the Lawrence Community Behavioral Health Center (CBHC).
Sign on Bonus up to $3000(prorated for part-time)
Schedule: 40hrs, M-F, 9am-5:30pm
The Community Behavioral Health Center Program (CBHC) Medical Assistant is an empathetic individual that provides supportive clinical services within a team-based care team. The Medical Assistant supports the clinical work at the CBHC and works collaboratively to enhance the medical screening, monitoring and overall health of all clients served.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills concerning appropriate documentation of allergies, medication updates, past medical history and any other information that is added to the medical record of an individual client
- Measure vital signs, weight and height and review systems, as indicated
- Perform other health assessments, including assisting with and administering screening tools, and measures
- Alerting appropriate staff concerning findings on screeners and recommend to, and assist clients with addressing findings
- Assists with care coordination within and outside the agency.
- Obtain toxicology samples and label them accurately
- Collaborate with a range of multidisciplinary team members to meet the needs of clients
- Supports client care and the multidisciplinary team by anticipating administrative functions that require support including but not limited to monitoring clinical messaging, supporting providers with completion of client follow up letters and updating the medical record with client information under the guidance of the provider.
- Monitors and stocks supplies for the clinical needs of the programs
Highschool diploma or GED required
Graduate of Certified Medical Assistant Program required
Current CPR certification required
Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
Experience working in a behavioral health setting, preferred
Schedule: FT - 40 hours, Mon-Fri (10:00am-6:30pm)
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities